Printing PDF's

When I send files by email to my blueprinter, I send them by PDF. The "D" size prints that I order look as good as those I print in house on my plotter.

I use OS10.3.5 and VWA11.0.1 and Adobe Acrobat. I print each sheet to file as postscript. Then using Adobe Distiller, (part of Acrobat), those are combined into a single PDF file.

I wish there were a more streamlined way to do it, but it works. No problem with the results other than the diagonal lines being thicker.

We are using 10.5 and have also noticed patchy results printing pdfs from VW files. Although the pdfs may look fine on our own computers, and on some other outside the office computers - they end up displaying as severly out of whack on, naturally - our client's computer screeen. I have checked up on the client and he is using fairly up to date Adobe software, so that isn't the problem (I don't think). If you look at how pdfs redraw themselves on the screen you can often see evidence of invisible layers - graphic information you had no intention of displaying that is hidden behind other graphics. My suspiscion is that this complexity of layered, redundant graphic information can overwhelm selected computers. Does someone have a good way of collapsing complicated, multi-layered VW documents into simple 2D single layered graphics? If so - I think doing this before printing pdfs could help.

But looking for your input on this problem - suggestions anyone?

We are running VW11 on Macs and frequently need to print pdf files to issue to clients and contractors. The results and quality tend to be very patchy. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how pdf files can be created of a quality that comes close to or matches paper output. Many thanks

From the answers above and a brief trawl through the Tech Board it would appear that we need to purchase Adobe "Distiller" software or JAWSPDF to produce pdf files of a reasonable quality. Can anyone advise on the merits of either? Or better still is there a no cost solution around?