Problem W/ Number Stamp Tool

When I use the Number Stamp tool the text is place almost outside of the object. I do change the object size to fit the text but it still doesn't place the text in the center of the object. Therefor I spend a lot of time moving the text. It seems that it is a text problem b/c when I use the text comand the text is offcenter in the "text box". I have tried the options under the text menu but that doesn't help at all. It there a setting or somthing some where to fix this? (I am new to VW & don't know my way around good)

I am running Panther & VW 10.1

Thanks!

K

K. I think the first thing I would do is download & install version 10.5 (I think it is free to registered 10.x.x owners). The following is from Nemetschek's Website (download page):

VectorWorks 10.5.1 contains fixes for a small number of important problems which have been found since the release of 10.5.0 earlier this year.

These fixes include:

Mac OS X 10.3 instability when printing and switching workspaces.

Incorrect notification that serial numbers are in use when they are not.

Memory leaks with hatched walls.

3D functionality missing from standard workspace.

Various localization problems.

This single download will update all Mac or Windows English-language VectorWorks 10.5 products (VectorWorks, RenderWorks, ARCHITECT, LANDMARK, SPOTLIGHT and MECHANICAL) to 10.5.1. International customers are encouraged to contact their local resellers for 10.5.1 availability.

Note: Prior versions of VectorWorks for Mac OS X are not Panther-compatible. VectorWorks 9.5 and 10 users will need to upgrade to Version 10.5.1 if they wish to take advantage of Mac OS X (Panther).

If you have question on how to upgrade, please call our Customer Service department between 9:00 am and 5:30 pm EST, 1-888-646-4223 or e-mail sales@nemetschek.net

Click on the Number Stamp preference button and change the height and width settings.

This has to be done before you create the number stamp.

If you want to change it after you create the number stamp object - change the delta x and y values in the OIP.

I was mistaken earlier. I am running 10.5.1 already. Is there any way else I can fix the text problem?

p.s. height & width settings have nothing to do with the stamp problem. The text doesn't work like it should.

I could explain it better if I could attach a picture of the problem. Is that possible here?

Hi K, When I switched from OS 9 to OS 10 I had tons of problems with graphite MM (multiple master font - it's a type of font, or if you like puns it's a type of type!). I switched to all TRUE TYPE fonts (you can find some nice ones, specifically Mr. Hand & Heavy Hand) that are pretty close to the look of Graphite. I've been told that there is TRUE TYPE version of Graphite as well, but haven't gone looking. Be aware that when you change you may have to do some (or a lot?) of reformatting of text blocks in existing documents... Good Luck!

I'm sorry. I thought you were referring to the size of the number stamp not being large enough for the text block.

If you copied the Graphite font from OS 9 over to the OS 10 folder, you are going to have placement problems and potential printing problems.

You should purchase the OS 10 version of the font from Adobe and remove that and any other non-OS font copied from OS 9.

MM fonts are not supported by OS 10, hence the need to purchase an OS 10 compatible font.