Recovery of VW9 file after crash?

i don't fully understand your question--sorry, i don't know what a hidden temporary location is. i do know that last fall i had some corrupted files. and after talking with tech support and other sources i used the workgroup reference command (Organize > Workgroup reference) to regain the document without also tranferring the corruption. i also experimented with exporting to vectorscript. beyond making suggestions tho i'm not an expert in these matters. good luck.

Andrew

Email the file to me and I'll see what we can do with the file.

Please make sure you include the information in your post along with the exact version of VW 9 being used.

Okay, thanks for the quick replies. Apologies for not explaining clearly:

User was working on VW file

VW crashed

User lost changes made to VW file since last save (changes significant enough to worry him)

What I wondered was, does VW generate a 'temporary' copy of the file when it's open like MS word does? The file is removed when the file is saved, so if VW crashed and couldn't give the order for the file to be removed could it still be got at?

I know the user should be saving his files regularly and yes he's ultimately to blame. But of course I need to made all reasonable efforts to help him out.

Many thanks.