How can I remove a window transom?

Please help me!

I'm using VWA 10.5.1 and I'm placing windows from the objects palette. I have inserted several windows that suit perfectly to what I need except they insist on having a transom, that I can't remove because the check box it's grayed out and can't be changed.

I'm working on a window in a wall with a segment or ellipse as top shape. If I insert the window as a cased opening it has the shape I want, but when modifying it to biparting casement (as I need) or to any other configuration, it automatically gets a transom which I can't remove. That is the simple thing I need... REMOVING the transom.

Any ideas??? Katie???

Thank you.

Hugo, I had a similar problem lately (with doors & transoms). It turns out that for some reason if I selected "transom" when I FIRST used the Plugin, the transom would be "locked" in (and grayed as you say). In a new file, I tried the same thing and DID NOT select "transom" right off the bat. Everything then worked as expected.

Peter Cipes

It was a bug in an earlier version of VW, but was fixed by VW 10.1.2 or 10.5 - I can't remember which one.

Go to About VW either in the VW pull down in the upper left corner of vw (mac) or the Help menu (PC) to verify the exact version.