Zooming and cursor lag

Nicole DeCicco

Question

Hi, I just upgraded to 2018 Spotlight from 2017. I have noticed that when working in files that have any 3D elements, that the zooming in and out is extremely slow. I could zoom in/out and nothing will happen for at least 30-60 seconds and then it zooms in/out all at once. Also, after every few actions, the cursor freezes and takes about 30-60 seconds to go back to normal. Just want to know if anyone else is having this issue and/or if there's any way to fix this because its getting really aggravating! I was not having these issues in 2017.

4 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This machine seems to have two graphics devices, an integrated Intel one (which is currently being used it looks like by default) and a Nvidia Quadro with much better specifications. Close all other applications, then manually configure your settings via the following steps so that Vectorworks 2018 is using the discrete Nvidia card:

After doing this, reboot and then retry Vectorworks 2018.

52 minutes ago, JimW said:

This machine seems to have two graphics devices, an integrated Intel one (which is currently being used it looks like by default) and a Nvidia Quadro with much better specifications. Close all other applications, then manually configure your settings via the following steps so that Vectorworks 2018 is using the discrete Nvidia card:

After doing this, reboot and then retry Vectorworks 2018.

It works - thank you so much!!