Vectoworks 2010 question

Jo Shore

Question

Hello, 

In the spring I purchased a new apple Mac running macOs Sierra version 10.12.6.

Stupidly I didn't think to check the compatibility of my new machine with my very old Vectorworks 2010 software and have learnt it now no longer works. 

Purchasing the new Vectorworks isn't possible at the moment - I was just wondering if anyone knows if this old software would work on a new Windows laptop? 

Any advice gratefully received. 

With many thanks. 

8 answers to this question

Thank you so much for getting back to me. 

I didn't want to spend a huge amount on the laptop as it would be used purely for access to Vectorworks. I'm looking at something like DELL Inspiron 15 5000 15.6" Laptop 

Operating system Windows 10 (64-bit)

Processor - Intel® Pentium® Gold 4415U Processor
- Dual-core
- 2.3 GHz
- 2 MB cache
RAM 4 GB DDR3 (1333 MHz) (16 GB maximum installable RAM)
Storage 1 TB HDD, 5400 rpm

Thanks again, so much. 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I would need to know the graphics/GPU that laptop had to be sure (I looked up the model number online but it looked like it has both Intel and AMD graphics options), however going by just the other specs it should at least launch and run Vectorworks 2010 (newer versions would have higher system requirements) with light to moderate 2D use or very light 3D use.

Hi,

I had to go for an HP laptop as the Dell wasn't available. It has an AMD Dual Core processor- I've got a nasty feeling I've brought the wrong one as VW wont work. 

Ive just tried to install Vectorworks 2010. It was looking so promising! But when I downloaded the drivers from the Dongle Support Setup from the installation DVD, when I open Vectorworks, it says"A Vectorworks dongle could not be found. Make sure that the dongle is connected and that all required drivers have been installed. Vectorworks will now quit." 

But when I downloaded the drivers, it said all had been downloaded. So close yet so far.....