Revision Cloud Tool

Hi...long-time reader, first-time poster.

Our office has been using VectorWorks on Win2k systems for years, and since version 10, we've had a problem with the revision cloud tool, but only in certain workspaces. Upon switching to another workspace, the tool works, but it's a hassle to have to do that every time we want to bubble something.

We've tried everything we can think of, including removing it from the workspace, replacing the .vst file and reloading it into the workspace.

Has anyone else run across this, and if so, have you found a solution that would prevent me from having to rebuild the workspace from scratch and hoping it works?

Thanks,

Bret

P.S. I noticed that there were two previous threads (links below) with people reporting similar problems, but neither of them ever seemed to resolve.

http://techboard.nemetschek.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001896

http://techboard.nemetschek.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=002063

What version of VW 10 are you using?

What workspace does it work in and which does it not work in?

Are these workspaces from a previous version of VW such as version 9 ?

I've been having a similar problem. My revision cloud tool sometimes just won't work. It'll just show the polygon, instead of converting it to a "bubble". Restarting VW usually gets it working again. I'm just using the regular Architect workspace.

VW 10.5.1

OS 10.2.6

We've got VectorWorks version 10.5.1, but the problem has persisted since we upgraded to 10.0. No architectural desktop or anything...

We have a custom workspace that we've compiled called "Structural" and that's the one that it doesn't work under. The tool works under all the other workspaces (as far as I know), including Standard.

We had to recreate the workspace at some point when the workspace format changed, but if that happened earlier than 10.0, then it may be a holdover from 9.0.

The problem I'm having is like what was listed in the posts I referenced above: I can select the bubble tool, but as soon as you click on the page it reverts to at standard selection arrow. It makes no difference whether it's set to click-drag drawing or not.

Thanks,

Bret