HP 450c not printing correctly to 36 x 24

Plotters always print in portrait by default for some reason. On a mac to print landscape on my HP455, I had to rotate the files into landscape within the printer options menu part of HP's software, not by just choosing landscape in the page setup. I am sure if you call HP they can tell you how to do it. It should not have anything to do with VWKS although if you do upgrade to VWKS 10.5 you will injoy many new features.

We have tried many many options to get vw 8.5.1 running on windows xp pro, to print to a HP450c designjet v4.65 driver.

The big problem is it will not print landscape, so even though the roll of paper we have loaded is 36inches wide, it only prints 24inchs wide, and then the height is 36inches. We then must trim the excess paper from the top to get the sheet to be 36x24.

We have tried printing through the windows 2000 server, and directly to the hp450c which is connected to a hp300x print server.

Any ideas? Should we just upgrade to the latest version of VWs? Any idea of the cost of doing so?