Unsaved file back ups.

RussU

Question

Hello everyone.

I'm basically asking for the moon on a stick and a load of unicorn hair here....

I heavily rely on the vwBackup folder... I have it set to every five minutes, and maintain 4 recent backups...

when VW crashes, after I've removed the mouse from the wall, swept the monitor parts off the floor and had a visit from my anti-depressent dealer, I like to open up the recent back up, and resave with an incremented version number.

Lately I've been served with an injunction for harrasment from my dealer, Amazon have banned me from buying new mice (they think I'm into vivisection) and I have a gigantic panamax en-route with a sole cargo of new monitors destined for my front garden.

What I'd really like to know is..... when you have an unsaved file... does VW happen to save a back up every five minutes to some far flung area of the hard drive?

I've got a cab booked to Narnia, the Nether, and to Mordor, so don't mind how far I need to go...

I would like to ride a unicorn into a folder full of backups of files that haven't been saved yet. I know where to find regular back ups.... had LOADS of practice at that.... but it's the unsaved files. (Sorry JimW, I said unsaved, not unshaved)

That, for me will save me working with the witches of Eastwick, Channelling  Einstein and Tesla, Doing my most inspired conceptual ground breaking world changing work for for 4:50 seconds and then crushing a mouse and punching a monitor.

Sure... Prozac stocks will tumble, but if there's a way, I'll go cross dimensional for it....

JimW..... and VW software engineers....... Everytime VW crashes... a small mouse dies.. No pressure or guilt... just an FYI :)

Rant over... prozac man has arrived... Time to do a Jacko, Hendricks and Winehouse all at once...

1 answer to this question