Corresponding feature to AutoCAD linetype generation - appearance of dashed line types

MarcU

Question

One of the few things I liked in AutoCAD (I was forced to use it some years... ;)) was an object-attribute called "linetype generation" which you could enable or disable for any linebased object. Enabling would take the pattern of simple dashed/dotted-dashed linetypes PAST vertices instead of starting the dashing pattern newly at every vertex as when disabled and as Vectorworks does it. You get it? See the attached screenshots which illustrate the feature. It would be great to have this in VW as well.

Of course either mode has its advantages and disadvantages:

a) if you have sharp corners and you have linetype generation enabled, it may happen that you have no line at the corner (if the gap between two dashes is there).

b) On the other hand, if you have curves or obtuse angles (like in the second screenshot from VW), you will get a bad looking appearance of dashed and dashed-dotted lines.

I imagine this as a checkbox in the OIP - something like "continue lintype at vertices".

Thanks in advance for considering this as a future feature of VW.

Markus

linetype generation autocad.png

linetype VW.png

Edited by MarcU
  • Like 3

1 answer to this question