Site Modelling

Well here's my two cents worth;

Site modelling is a bit mongrelly. I do the site model as a seperate file, then use workgroup referencing to 'insert' it into my drawing. That when, WHEN a problem develops, I can delete it and start again. You'll notice from previous posts that sometimes parts of site models are undeletable, and cause problems.

I haven't had any problem with displaying the solids like you mention. I guess you need to check all you classes are turned on, and that you are in a 3d view of the correct layer.

HTH

Ilan, once you have the 3d polys you still have to create the model using the appropriate command ("Site model" in version 10). The model is automatically generated as a symbol and inserted into an automatically-created layer. Look in your resource palette to see if a symbol for a DTM has been created. You can re-insert it into the drawing anywhere you want, just like any other symbol. To edit it (change its color, etc.), you would need to convert an instance to to a group or edit it as a symbol.

If you follow the manual's instructions carefully, you will have success. The process is a bit non-intuitive.