Is it OK to upgrade to 10.5?

This forum makes upgrading to 10.5 seem a little risky. I am currently on 10.1.2 and I am wondering if it's worth upgrading. Is there anyone out there, running W2K, who has recently upgraded to 10.5 and is happy with the results? Or should I wait for the next upgrade?

Christian

W2K SP4

PIII 550Mhz 392Ram

On W2ksp4 I upgraded to 10.5 and the title block pio went haywire (any modification and it reverts to some other font). I uninstalled and went back to 10.1.2. My advice: Don't do it. There are too many bugs in 10.5 (just look at the volume of topics on this board related to 10.5 and its problems). Wait for 10.5.2 and keep your fingers crossed.

I was able to get it to work on an XP however. Unfortunately I don't have time to reformat all my machines, upgrade to XP and reinstall all my software.

I think 10.5 is very good work. Especial palette docking and better outfit, browse dokuments on resource browser, edit tool for image/gradien, better dxf/dwg, improved 3D snapping etc, etc. Look at featurelist. All great.

[smile]

But there is one thing thats really nerve-racking

and nearly cancels the great new features for me:

Dimension Value reshaping with the selection tool is like vw 9.x again. Even bader.

Klicking exactly in the center of value and moving "align v" (like you can do in vw 9) zooming in and see the dimension is noch exactly where it sould be!

I realy cant understand what it has to work this way (is it just a bug?)I think mostly such little things are making some users going crazy ...

[Confused]

To be honest, at this point if I had to do it over again I would not have gone to 10.5. It's not horrible or anything, but previous versions were, in my opinion, really solid. With 10.5.0 there are a few bothersome issues as others have noted. For me, I just crash more. It's once a day versus once a month. I think there may be some issues with groups on the crashing. Both groups and symbols now take a long time to exit. A lot of my crashes are on exiting groups. It's touchy.

Regards,

Donald