converted lines do not respond to mouse modification

I have a file that originally was a imported dwg file. Some objects in the file that appeared to be lines were 3d polygons which I did a convert to lines command so I could change there length. When I try to modify their lengths with the mouse I cannot get the smart cursor to change it. I can change the lengths in the object info dialog box numericaly, but not by the mouse. They show up as lines in the object info dialog box. I tried to see if they were locked or something but they are not. Any Idaes ?

Ok, thanks for the quick response. However the layers are not in 3d. I know this by looking at the pull down layers menu and all layers show up with square symbols versus isometric cube symbols. Another interesting development is when I export the file to Vwks 9 and open the it in Vwks 9.5, all the problem lines before adjust accordingly with mouse control as it should be. But when I open the same exported Vwks 9 file in Vwks 10.5 the lines do not repond to mouse comands. Huh ? Is there some default setting in Vwks 10 I am missing ?

I just draw a 3d line, convert to lines... and I couldn't reshape, just resize? but On the OPI the object show to be a group: Ungroup... haaa! thats better.

But the strange think on your case is this export/import VW 9. If Ungroup the lines doesn't work have a look at the information on the OPI to see witch kind of object are you dealing with: he should be a line.