curved stage platform creation

jmowbray

please see attached file I'm trying to create 3D platforms or step if you will that resemble the object in the ceter of the stage with the correct height for each. I have traced over them with lines and arcs and converted the 4 lines into one group. Then from there tried to extrude them to the proper height. However, when I go to extrude I get an error message saying that the extrude has stop because some of the items you can't extrude. How would I go about doing this?

HometownDrafting.vwx

Hi,

Un-group the objects then you can extrude them, later if you wish you can combine them together.

I recall you are new to Vectorworks. I think you need to do a Basic Course on Vector Works. Why not look at Johnathon Pickups website he has a lot of inexpensive quick courses that will get you up to speed so you can confidently complete the task at hand.

http://store.archoncad.com/courses/

HTH

Capture.JPG

HometownDrafting_v2016.vwx

Edited by Alan Woodwell

I tend to use the 2D Polygon tool to make  2d shape's... essentially the same process, and then extrude them. If I'm feeling in the mood... I'll then add the solids together... or just group them. As Alan suggested, take an online course... there are some great ones out there. I always refer back to them if there is something I have forgotten how to do.