Sign in to follow this  
ojardnas

worksheets & autocad

I have exported several files to .dwg containing worksheets. The AC user has reported no information on the sheet where it should be. Is there an issue in exporting worksheets?

Yes, there is. At present, they are not imported. My workaround is to select the worksheet image, say 'copy', open the scrapbook, say 'paste' and 'cut', then go back to VW and say 'paste.'

worksheets cannot be exported as a dwg/dxf. they can, however, be exported as a pdf, which we find very useful as the receiver cannot manipulate the info. if you are sending dwg's to a consultant, they probably do not need to have any worksheets. its the only major flaw with the worksheet feature we have found, otherwise they are really an excellent tool.

quote:

Originally posted by ojardnas:

please clarify..

Right. I was unclear. After the operation I described, the copy of the worksheet is just lines and text and will be exported.

please clarify.....i don't want to come back into VW, I want the door schedule (or some other worksheet) to show up in AC. Is that possible?

Petri- that does work, with some finagling. although we never export schedules, its nice to kn ow there is a way (althoung cumbersome) to do it to our dwg friends. i don't use 'scrapbook', whatever that is, but appleworks does the trick!