Benjamin Weill

Can't Find Spotlight Libraries in 2017

HI All,

I've downloaded all the additional content for 2017, but I can't find the Spotlight Lighting Symbols anywhere. I have all the other "Objects - Entertainment" folders except for "Lighting." 

I've even tried "browsing a document" instead of going through the resource browser, and still nothing.

Any thoughts?Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 11.49.56 AM.png

Thats odd considering those objects dont have a Style... perhaps this is preparation for this functionality to be included? I will check as I'm sure others will come across this.

There's lot of companies missing in the lighting library..... :( 

..Clay paky, ETC, Robe, Martin, Chauvet pro. DO i have to import them all from vw2016?

Capture d’écran 2016-11-02 à 10.31.08.png

Edited by Kareen

I am not sure why these do not appear as subfolders in the navigation tree. For instance, if you do a search for All Resources for "ETC Source" or "paky" and you will see them as expected.

Ok thanks.

I tried the migration tool, it doesn't recognize the folder object-lighting from vw2016.

You can do it manually with File > Batch Convert, target the desired folders, set their converted location, run the conversion and then relaunch Vectorworks.

1 hour ago, Kareen said:

There's lot of companies missing in the lighting library..... :( 

..Clay paky, ETC, Robe, Martin, Chauvet pro. DO i have to import them all from vw2016?

Capture d’écran 2016-11-02 à 10.31.08.png

That is the libraries shipped with Service Select, those other libraries will be in a similar location under the "Vectorworks Libries" section.  we did not delete any of the lighting content, just moved it.

Rob.

Benjamin,

the nice thing with the Resource Manager in VW2017 is that you can download on the fly only what you need as long as you have internet connection.  no longer do you need to download all the libraries if you are connected most of the time to the internet.  Kareen was looking only in the Service Select libraries which are only new or updated libraries that were made recently.  

Rob.