can you change the text language to Russian ?

I am making a fake drawing that needs to look like a Russian drawing. Is there a way to convert the text to Russian. I've tied coping the VW text to Microsoft Word & translating it there & then re-coping it back into VW, but VW does not understand some of the text characters & replaced them with question marks & then changes them to binary code when printing the drawing.

Any suggestions ?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

From what I understand, you would need the Russian localized version of Vectorworks installed on a Russian language-configured OS in order for it to work properly.

I have had many people try to use localized versions on OSes of mismatched languages and they have run into problems.

thanks for all of the suggestions! Yes I found out I would need a Cyrillic language font, with out it I get a lot of question marks when pasting back into VW. I've tried the screen capture of the translation text, but the resolution is not great after printing & I get a lot of white around the text. So no I'm going to hand off the drawing to someone else in my office that I think uses Photoshop to place the proper text into the drawing area.

Thanks for your all's help, I thought it would be easier that it was !