Help with assigning colours/textures!

Hi,

I'm trying to give my roof a colour and it just doesn't seem to be working. I've gone to tools-organisation and selected a colour and texture that way and i've tried selecting the roof class under navigation and doing it that way, but that's not working either. I imagine it'll be something very simple that i'm missing here! Thanks, Lois

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

With the Roof object selected, in the Render tab of the Object Info Palette, is it set to Mode: "By Object" or "By Component"? If it is set to Component, it will use the colors and textures of the various component elements rather than the overall setting. If you set it to By Object you can control it with the Attribute palette.

Also, just to be sure, are you using OpenGL and have colors and textures enabled in the rendering settings? (If other objects than the roof are working fine and taking color and textures you dont need to worry about that part)

When I select the roof object and go to the render tab, it doesn't give me any options (just a drop down list for sketch options) I'm guessing this is because I don't have renderworks? Where can I access the rendering settings?....or can I access them if I don't have renderworks?

Thanks, Lois