Incremental number stamp tool?

Our clients want us to add numbers for walls individually...

...we currently do it manually, which I find incredibly dull (obviously) and if you miss a wall or modify the plan then your whole numbering system goes out the window.

Does anyone know of a tool, like a stamp tool, where you could add a prefix (for example GFW - for Ground Floor Wall), then it just incrementally increases the number with each placement?

Attached is a screengrab example

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-18%20at%2016.00.31.png

There is a 'legacy' stamp numbering tool. You have to go into your workspace and place it in somewhere. That's a bit complex, so get out the manual first, second make backups of your workspace files!

If you have a Designer or Spotlight you can use a 'label legend' with any symbol 'converted' to a fixture or accessory and use it the numbering functions. Many many possibilities.

You could also create a symbol with a text field and link it to a record. Then create a worksheet that calls up all those symbols (maybe sort by X, Y, Z) and number them in the worksheet.

My second and third suggestions make renumbering much easier. The old numbering tool is pretty basic and just puts a number inside a shape. I'm also a big fan of worksheets and suggest you really get to know what's possible with them. BIM starts with worksheets of data.

This file has one symbol with the record and worksheet built. It's just a minor variant of what I use. Edit them or use them as is.

BTW you can select a bunch of items, like the text you already typed, and replace them with a symbol. Modify> Convert> Replace with Symbol.