export image to jpg

I am having trouble exporting image to jpg. Even with plans I have done a while ago and successfully exported!

First go the dialogue box opens but when I use Draw Marquee it doesnt proceed, no more dialogue. I try again and the dialogue box doesnt open at all. I have to quit VWX and start again or restart my computer to firstly open the dialogue box and try again, with same result. No joy using other choices such as All visible Objects. either.

This has happened before and then it will work.

Any one have an answer??

Could it be working as expected? The dialog disappears during actions to draw the marquee. Vectorworks won't do anything else until the marquee is completed with first and second click. The File>Export will highlight, but the drawing area is on hold until the marquee is completed.

The usual sequence is:

•Pan,Zoom, etc to display the desired view

•File>Export>Export Image File . . .

•Result: The Export Image dialog opens in front of drawing area.

•Click to enable the Marquee option.

•Result: The Draw Marquee button becomes active.

•Click the Draw Marquee button.

•Results: The dialog disappears. The drawing window appears with crosshair cursor.

•Click to start marquee. Drag then click at end of marquee.

•Result: Dialog returns with options for Save

•When satisfied with options, click the Save button (or press Return/Enter).

•Results: image file is saved to chosen location. Drawing window appears.

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw

Sorry that didn't help.

So, more troubleshoot questions and longshot ideas:

•File too big, or too complex, or dpi too high? Might take ages to execute the Save, which would look like process failed. Try again and wait a looooong time after the second click, or try again with lower parameters.

•Discern the image file name and "save to" location, eg by trying a non Marquee export. Look in that location to verify whether any marquee jpg saved there. If nothing, the process is definitely not working.

•Problem only with Marquee export? Try Current View or other options. Note the Save to location. (see above)

• Problem only with jpg or image export? Try the pdf, dwg or other export formats. Note the Save to location.

•Problem with this specific file? Open a new blank file, create an object, try the image export process. If successful with the new file, there is problem with the old file and/or save process eg dpi too high, corruption such as bad symbol(s) or texture(s) or other object(s), or other file specific problems.

•Try again after Save/Close everything and Restart the computer?

•Try process on some other copy of vwx in new file on a different CPU?

•Stupid workaround: take a Marquee screenshot instead of export. Convert the resulting png to jpg with Preview or other image software.

And, yes, please post your system and vwx info for better help from the community.

OK, let's keep trying to make this work!

-B