Shortcuts Commands involved the Control key don’t work

net

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
Is the CTRL key on the keyboard physically working reliably ?

(My Apple Aluminium keyboard is very sensitive when being cleaned humid and

needs harder input after every cleaning action until some keys will fail completly)

If it is working properly in other applications we can normally rule out a hardware issue with the key itself. I've absolutely had users call in where they were unable to scroll to zoom and the issue was the mouse being broken physically, but in this case it seems Vectorworks-specific since it works in other applications and the other modifier keys like Shift still work in Vectorworks.

Generally if Shift, Ctrl, AND the other keys stop working all at once, its an OS issue.

• 7 years later...

Hello! 

This keeps happening to me too very often regardless of updates. [VW architect] 

I use 2 languages on my pc - English and Greek. I have a hunch that this is what makes the ctrl key shut down. I've noticed that many times when I lauch VW while the keyboard is set to Greek, the ctrl key will not function. I have to restart VW with English as the keyboard language initially to revive it. I am pretty certain I see this happening both on my PC and my MAC laptop - and in both computers I switch between the two languages often.

I am not sure if this is a coincidence @net, but in case you are too using two languages on your pc, it might be it. Would be nice for VW to look into it as this is a quite often occurrence.