Viewports move around on rerender, let's stop that

grant_PD

Question

I just finished up a project where I had viewports hopping all over the place when they re-rendered. I believe this is because I was adding and taking away parts of the symbols/ auto hybrids that I was rendering, thereby moving VW's mysterious "center of object."

Viewports should be locked in place on the page until the user decides to move them. Add that as a radio button on the double click please.

3 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Were these viewports cropped or no?

I have done that kind of editing regularly and not seen the issue, but it occurs to me that I always manually add or create the viewports from a crop. As you guessed, it might be that uncropped viewports auto-centering is to blame but if the viewport is cropped that location shouldn't move when geometry changes.

(I see it as a bug in either case but just clarifying.)

These were section viewports mostly. I had a venue symbol, and a set symbol (auto hybrid). I was cutting sections of the set symbol for front elevations. Sometimes I would go back into the auto hybrid to add a detail or two ( a whole other wishlist about improving the auto hybrid...) and the viewports would all jump around.

So in answer to your question, no, I didn't manually crop them. But they were cropped by the section.