Why is curser fuzzy & with a shadow ?

Dubman

Is it me or has VW always made your cursed fuzzy and with a shadow? I do not remember this in 2015. When I move the curser over the tool menus or the off the drawing window it goes back to a line edge with no shadow.

I hate the shadow look, that is the first change I make to every pc computer is to turn the shadow off, which I have selected for the computer, but now VW is adding it back only when you over the drawing area ?

Why ?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I haven't personally noticed a change other than the 2016 4K res compatibility changes, and I did not notice them affecting drop shadows. I am not able to replicate this here, could you send not a screenshot (I think screenshots on windows default to NOT show the cursor specifically) but an image of what youre seeing onscreen? A cameraphone shot should be fine.

Jim, attached are phone pictures of the cursor in 2015 & 2016 to see the difference which they are. It is hard to see this in these photos though. Also when I move the cursor over the menus or tool boxes it becomes a crisp outline in 2016, but not when over the drawing.

I know this is a pet peeve, but is very annoying.

Also, the align object dialog box got much bigger in 2016 with not a lot of space being used, not sure why.

I have my computer mouse settings for no shadows at home & at office.

I still have 2015 on my home office computer along with 2016 so I was able to compare both on same monitor

Thanks for any info on this