Framing Plan How-to?

Amelia S

Is it possible to have VW sort of ignore openings in walls?

I've struggled with this for a while. On framing plans, my firm conventionally shows walls below without gaps where doors and windows are. (This may be atypical?)

We're trying to take more and more of our drawings as viewports from the model, but I've been unable to gracefully do this with framing plans. Please check out the attached image. I just cover gaps in the annotations layer.

Please tell me if you have any ideas! Thanks!

We're using Vectorworks Architect 2016.

Hi Amelia, In my practice all of those gaps/openings would contain Headers or Beams. I generally use a simple graphic (see attached, from a Roof Framing Plan) to depict them. And yes, I do it in the annotations. For most of my projects (single family dwellings) there are not too many and it doesn't bother me to do these "manually". But it can cause problems when changes are made and then I have to manually chase and re-verify. For me it's all just part of the the job. Although it would be cool if VW's had an automated way to depict these...