Workflow with Revit?

A major architectural client of mine has started using Revit. So the question comes up whether to try to work with im/exports or convert. :(

I'm only working on a small part of the building so any push back for my needs will get limited sympathy.

Can anyone suggest a workflow that won't interrupt my clients workflow much? How much is lost each way?

@RickR : I don't have any personal experience regarding your question, but here's a few links to relatively recent threads regarding Vectorworks <----> REVIT workflows. Hopefully someone else can provide personal experiences / guidance and whether or not anything has been changed in Vw2016 to improve the workflow.

Revit Export > Vectorworks Import (Materials Missing) : #216994 - 10/08/15

Revit IFC Import [Re: Archiphreak] : #189215 - 09/16/13

Export IFC to REVIT problems - #178090 - 10/12/12

Compatibility of IFC exports from Vectorworks to Revit : 169759 - 04/27/12

Knowledgebase Articles:

Tips for Importing Revit files using IFC (and optimizing Solids) : VwKB

Preformatted IFC Objects : VwKB

I guess part of your question also involves looking at your scope of work and what kind of data might be lost in the IFC import / export back and forth, and whether or not that 'data loss' is an acceptable downside to staying with Vw.

IFC Format Interoperability : Vw2016 Help File

Solibri Model Viewer is a free cross-platform IFC model viewer so that you can see what sort of 'data loss' you can expect using IFC.

BIM Collaboration Format : Planet Vectorworks

HTH.