Vectorworks Demo Version | Trial Version clarifications

The company I work at does Vectorworks training in South Africa (external qualified Vectorworks Trainer). I just need some more information of the trial version which I can pass along to future students / clients. What a I can currently extrapolate from the Vectorworks.net website is that:

- *A demo version* can be requested and downloaded once your request has been approved.

- It expires after 30 days.

Just a few questions I have to clarify for myself:

1) Which Vectorworks package is included in the demo version? I noticed that you can select a field in which you are interested in in your request information, does this limit you to that particular package? or can you download the full Designer package as Demo?

2) Does the Demo Version include Renderworks?

3) What limitations are imposed on the Demo Version

4) Would there be cases where your Demo Version request will be denied?

5) One question I continually get from students and future clients still is whether they can just request a new Demo Version after their current one has expired?

As far as I remeber :

Full Design Version

+ Renderworks

I think there was no limitation.

Just the complete full version that stops working after a month.

I don't think so.

Contact hurdles are just to concentrate Demos on people that are really

interested and to know who they are to try to finally sell a license.

(Which wasn't misused for me for any serious Software Demo I tried so far)

In general, if you contact a vendor with a suitable reason why you need another

month to test, like because you had no or not enough time to test it but are really

interested the chances are good that you will get another test period.

If it looks like you want to demo the rest of your working life because you don't

want to buy a license, chances may be worse.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This is not true for the demo version we currently offer if you get a trial key. I think the only one that behaves that way is a B series installer being run with NO serial number, but thats not the standard demo we offer and recommend. However, make sure to contact the distributor you are going to be using directly with these questions, the majority of policy answers here are for the US, CA and UK markets.

• 3 weeks later...
This is not true for the demo version we currently offer if you get a trial key.
Thanks for the clarification JimW =)

Since my first post, I have heard back from a customer that the latest demo version is indeed as you say the full version without any restrictions for the 30 day trial period.

..the majority of policy answers here are for the US, CA and UK markets.
. In future I'll refer back to the Africa distributor regarding policies - but for anything else the community here at techboard.vectorworks.net proves best - Thanks all for helping.