W i n d o w

I've asked this before...and I know it is a beginner / stupid question, but

Where are the settings that control the color of the sill of the window?

Notice one is white or no fill and the other light purple.

The windows are inserted in wall, on first floor design layer, in windows class.

Class settings are "no fill" line color black.

The sills class which is not checked by the way has the following settings:

Fill - none, line- solid, black.

Why do I have to fiddle with the dang sill in every new VW file? Sometimes it is red sometimes gray...where is it controlled?

Edited by jmartinarch

So I obviously don't understand how VW works.

I was just placing a dimension and the text around the dimension turned out shaded. (happens often) so i look at the attributes palette and see that I have 'fill style' set to by class. i look at the current class and at dimension class both have 'fill' = none. So there must be some other location where one controls the fill of object that I am unaware of. Where else should I be looking to control the fill?

@jmartinarch:

1: To set the Class properties, go to Tools > Organization. (Or click the Classes button on the View bar). Select the Classes tab, select the Class(es) you want to change and click Edit to open the Edit Class(es) dialog box. There you'll see the Fill and Pen settings for the class. Be sure that 'Use at Creation' is selected if you want that class to always use those properties.

Setting Class Properties : Vw2015 Online Help

2: Once you've properly set the Class properties, click on the little triangle at the bottom of the Attributes palette to open the 'Utility Menu', and select 'Use Default Attributes'. This resets the Attributes palette Fill and Pen settings back to default, in case they're messed up. (Note that the Attributes Utility Menu only appears on a Vw Design Series product like Architect, Spotlight or Landmark).

The Attributes Palette : Vw2015 Online Help

3: Assuming that you're not using a Text Style for the Dimensions that have a background fill, look to see which Class those Dimensions are on as the dimensions may be getting the fill from their Class. If you're using a Text Style for the Dimensions, edit the Text Style to control the background fill behind the text.

Using Text Styles : Vw2015 Online Help

HTH.

It would also be helpful if you edit your signature similar to mine with your relevant info. Go to 'My Stuff > Edit Profile' at the top of this page.

That is strange if that's how you already had your classes set up.

Just to test things out, try changing all of your class Fills to bright green and then change your Text Style background Fills to orange. Maybe that can narrow down who is the culprit.

The windows are inserted in wall, on first floor design layer, in windows class.

Class settings are "no fill" line color black.

The sills class which is not checked by the way has the following settings:

Fill - none, line- solid, black.

In addition, I think you'll want both your window and sills classes to have a solid fill.