big project & real world observations

currently working on a large project.

https://youtu.be/5Mu2XQa7o48

Large Architect firm, Large Structural Firm, Civil etc. i working with the consultant that has been hired to design the facility that does a special something.

everyone has released drawing sheets (40% set) with dimensions & annotations. 89 sheets total. so owner can review. a lot has changed since the 40% set was issued. this means that many, many sheet will now need updating.

it seems that owner and others viewing a bim model (like BIM+ or similar) would cut out all this paper management and they can view it anytime. no need to stop modeling because i need to make sheets for the next review set.

then when everyone is happy with the model, THEN make sheets.

I've done this on smaller projects with success. that is, model everything. make fly-thru videos of everything to show client how it works. they sign off on it THEN i make sheets for construction.

i like working for myself with the ability of being nimble.

yikes! what a monster!

it seems that everyone is eager to submit sheet because that allows everyone to bill $$ client and feel good about it.

everyone working on the model is best, BUT, what do you do at the end of the month when you submit a large bill and the client asks "what do you have to show for it?"

it seems like there should be a "time lapse" view feature of the model (BIM+) that allows the client to see it being adjusted. so a whole month of work compressed into 5 mins or so. of course this does not include any "behind the scene" work done.