Callout tool

Why?

Why is the color of the text green? When the class is set to black. The current settings obviously are set to by class and are black.

The callout that is black I had to go to class settings and change color to anything and then back to black to get it to change.

So there must be some other place that settings are affected.

Is there an override hiding someplace?

This is only happening in this file.

Edited by jmartinarch
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you copy that object into a new blank file, does the text remain green?

If so, look at the classes list in Tools > Organization and check if any of them have either a Text Style assigned to them (this should also then just show up in the resource browser in the new file pretty obviously), or if any of their attributes are green.

If not, post that file and I can take a look.

So there is no apparent way of modifying the text style.

When I use the text tool and use this particular text style it is black, it is only when used with the callout tool.

How does it get an attribute to begin with? There is no option in text format.

As a complaint: I hate having to use several moves and clicks to set the font, then go back to the menu to set the size. Is there a way this could be one maneuver?

...I know....format a text style and be done with it...... .... unless your text is green!

I created a new text style 'courier 8'. Inserted text, = all okay.

Used the callout tool and the same text style = G R E E N text.

Went to the resource browser and edited the text style because it indeed was green. Now it is working. But would really like to know how it picked up the green in the first place.