Annotations work emploding

AlanW

Hi,

Serious problem with a file.

The work that is in the annotation layer is randomly moving when you reopen the file.

Working to a deadline on a medium size project and this happens, it started with the grid lines and bubbles that were copied over to the annotation layer moved way off the page and the grid numbers went in a different direction.

But today the details that I copied over to the annotation layer that were groups like detail window information, Kitchen elevation, gutter that were all groups seemed to be affected. So far what was actually drawn in the annotation layer has not moved.

You put it back and it moves again, not straight away but when you least want this to happen.

Any Ideas??

Will get a file to Sydney office of VW first thing in the morning, but this is most disturbing, the Client wont be sympathetic I am sure.

Help!!!!

PS, When I open the backup files they all seem to be affected now, even though the drawing was fine all day and I have min 10 back ups every 15min.

The moved items seem to be linked in the group still see attachment also.

Edited by Alan Woodwell
  • 2 weeks later...

Alan I had a similar issue quite a while ago, which may be related to your issue. I couldn't quite remember what I did to fix it hence I didn't reply to this thread.

But I think it had something to do with groups, some objects within the group were layer plane and others were screen plane. When I changed them all to match then problem went away.