Door and Window Schedules - Extra Doors

Hello,

I am using the door schedule function in VW2014 and an issue that I am constantly running into is extra doors on the door schedule. In some cases I can't seem to find the door at all. In other cases I can find the door but "on schedule" option is unchecked. I've tried using the custom selection tool to select all doors but it will show 15 objects that match but only 14 items will appear in the selection set. I've checked all design layers and sheet layers but can't seem to find the problem.

Any thoughts?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Normally this indicates that there is a door within a symbol or group, or on a layer or class that is not visible.

It can also beam that the Criteria set for that worksheet include classes or layers that should not be included, but more commonly its that there is an extra door somewhere. Often these extra doors were accidental and right on top of doors that were intentional, its worth moving a few and then undoing to verify there aren't doubles.

If you still can't find the phantom doors, or if they appear to not exist anywhere but in the worksheet, send the file to tech@vectorworks.net and we can have a closer look.

Thanks Jim,

They were both in groups and the ID tag was not showing up. I did not realize they were not being selected when I use the "select similar" tool as they were within a group. Also, I just learned about the "select item" function within the door schedule. It actually found the phantom doors for me. even within the block.

Thanks again for the quick response!

Another possibility is viewports. Objects in viewports can report twice, once for the instance on the design layer and again for the image in the viewport.

Easiest way to fix this is to make sure your database criteria specify the design layers with the true instance in the model, not the layers that have viewports.