site plan and the 0,0 origin

using the property line tool I drew my site. A small rectangle 60 x 100'.

After making the final line click add, update, okay, a line spontaneously appears from the upper right corner of property going N-NE a couple of thousand feet.!!

I noticed I am no where near the 0,0 origin. Could this be a problem? If so how do I get my sheet back to 0,0 center?

So at the end of this 200,000' + long line is the tag with lot name & area.

I can grab it and move it into the site and the line disappears.

Edited by jmartinarch

Hi,

Sound weird, just did a few with the simple dialogue and complex both with bearing and azimuth and didn't matter where I started from the 0,0 it closed correctly.

Go property line tool/ type in 100' in distance click add, type 90 degrees in the bearing and 60'in the distance then add, put 100" in distance and 180 in the degrees then add then ok.

Should close and done.

If you want the 0,0 and its way off just go tool/origin and reset to where you need or draw a line from you object and set one end of the line to 0,0 and then you can move the object to the end of line (0,0)

Hope this helps

Edited by Alan Woodwell

It closed, and the line that stretched so far was connected to the text that gave the name and area of the site. Once I moved the text box into the site the odd line disappeared. So it has something to do with the placement of the text and I think being so far off the origin. I'll try to reset origin.

Thanks.