Plant symbol bug?

J. Wallace

Had a very strange event happen which I luckily grabbed some screen shot of. I finished up a planting plan, sent it off to the printers, and sat down with my client yesterday to review it. During the meeting I was horrified to see some plants on the drawing had disappeared.

Here is what I observed...see images

Plants were missing but not all of one type..I clicked on a plant group and selected to modify the path...if I add a plant to the group all of the previously invisible plants appear.

This has happened to me on several occasions during the week with the same file...I initially thought it might be my error. Has anyone seen this?

Yes I have seen this and it has been happening for a long time

Whilst using earlier versions of VW before the Plant Tool could display outlines

I had a separate Class - Plants-Component-Circle just for plants so if I wanted a very simple plant I could display just a circle and turn the unwanted Plants-Component... Classes off

Very often and if doing a big planting plan many times in a day one of the Plants-Component ... Classes will remain on when the Class is turned off, especially my Plants-Component-Circle

To fix it you just turn a Plant Class on then off and all becomes "normal" again

Should not happen though

The Plant Tool in VW 2015 whilst a big improvement to earlier versions is flawed

Will go into that in another post