VW Plants

J. Wallace

Hello all

I have a question regarding the VW plant program that is part of VW Landmark. I'm puzzled as to how the plants shown in this data base link up to the plant data choices within Landmark. If I open VW plants it shows around 9,000+ plants, when I apply data to a plant symbol (when creating a new plant) I get a total list of 6,000+ plants to choose from. If I add a plant in VW Plants it does not appear to show up in the plant data section of landmark. I'm sure this is a simple fix? I have quite a number of unusual plants to add. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Perhaps you have already found your answer since this is an old post, but I will go ahead anyway.

After you make changes to the VW Plants database you have to save the new data as part of a list that can be read by the plant object definition in Vectorworks.

In VW Plants go to File:Create Vectorworks Plant List. You can save the list with a name that already exists, such as Plant List (All) that you have in your example and it will be overwritten with the new data, or create a new list that only shows your favorites. This is what I choose to do.