Non perpendicular window angle...

Nick Varey

Hi everyone, firstly thanks for reading this - I hope the following makes sense!

Basically, I'm placing a window into a wall, buts the opening itself is meant to be angled, ie not perpendicular to the direction of the wall.

[img:center]Screen_Shot_2014_12_09_at_11_14_52.jpg[/img]

I have tried to alter the direction at which the window sits within the wall (it needs to be angled to match the red lines in the image above).

Is this possible? I have been advised that the only way to do this is to ungroup the wall and window and edit them directly - but that is not overly helpful.

Its probably also worth noting that we are NOT producing a 3D model, just using the 3D tools to produce our plans. I am using Vectorworks 2015.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Nick. My first answer is no. You can't turn the window using the tools out of the box as it were. I think you'd have to create a symbol of your window (not using a parametric window) and place it using a 3D wall Hole component. Vectorworks Help has a very good section that explains how to do this. Type "Adding a 3D Wall Hole Component to a Symbol Definition" in the search bar. It's certainly a few more steps but its all you got. The only other thing is to simply overlay that section of wall with 2D line work with fills (you mentioned that your not building a model).

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Edited by Markvl