Line Types

Ozzie

Ozzie -

To create a new line type object as a test, I deselect all, set the pen to line type (eg breakline),pick a drawing tool from the basic palette, eg line or poly line, and draw a few vertices, the result is just the break line in black.

Same if I open a new file and draw a new linetype object. No pink copy.

Is that pink poly a guide object placed earlier? or an unintended duplicate of the line type? It's in the None Class and the line type is in one of the fence classes.

Dunno where it came from!

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw

Oh, sorry, I totally misread the question.

The easiest fix I found is to decompose the polyline (the object to which the line type is assigned), then recompose. The short leg may not have enough length for a zig zag, but the corner assumes the correct angle.

The break line resource has little line segments on either side of the zig zag. If a leg of the polyline being drawn is too short, the line type segments cross and cause the deformed angle.

Some other fixes:

•Scale the segment length in the Attributes Palette Line Type Prefs (button with the wrench). Not so great, because the segment pref scales the line deviations as well as the segments between.

•Extend the leg until the line type straightens out at the corner. Unsatisfactory because required path cannot always be changed.

•Another way is to duplicate the line type in the Resource Browser, and edit the dupe Geometry (right click in the RB). Shorten the line segments on either side of the main zig zag. It takes a bit of double clicking the zig zag to find these segments and more double clicking to activate the end points of the segments for dragging.

Maybe that helps. It was all new to me. Maybe there is a more direct way.

-B

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=11478&filename=LineTypes.png

Edited by Benson Shaw