Schedule of symbols + data contained inside symbol

Is the space only a small portion of the symbol? Do you have other poly's in the symbol.

When I did a simple test using a single space, i could use =AREA() on the symbol and get the area of the space back. If I added another poly into the symbol I then get the total area of the space and the poly.

Can you attach a file with an example of one of your symbols?

Are there going to be instances of the symbol containing a space that you don't want the area for?

We can probably come up with a work around, but I don't think there is a way to directly do what you are looking for.

Is there a way to isolate the area by class?I thought I could get areas for a specific class with =AREA(C='ClassName') but this returns a Boolean.

I also tried =IF((C='ClassName'), '', AREA) this returns the sum of the areas regardless of the class.

My symbols contains a Space, a few walls and a bathroom symbol which contains additional polygons that get summed with the space in the area calculation.

If I could isolate the areas by class I could add more polygons and get areas for different purpose.

Otherwise I could just do with the space area only avoiding the bathroom area being summed. Any idea/workaround?

Edited by stefano777777