Simplify Poly's script for VW10?

yes Katie, I've tried it, but the Smoothing command is erratic and unpredictable.

An example of what I'm talking about might be, say, if I was making the profile of a crank arm or bracket etc, described by arcs (see also the current post on dimensionis) tangents and other lines; when the profile is composed into a whole, the arcs and other curves frequently "degenerate" into a series of facets and the arcs lose their centres.

Another example is the freehand line tool which would be usefull for me if the smoothing of the 10,000,000 verticies it produces could actually be controlled. ;-O

N.

I see ..

I went and looked at the plugin you were talking about.

I don't know of a good way to do that right now with VW 10.

I am going to research this some more and see what I can find out.

Thanks Katie,

Another example from yesterday;

I was preparing a profile of a curvy strip of steel to be sent to the lazer cutters.

I made the curved line as a polyline; it had 5 verticies. In order to make it into a parrallel "strip" I used the Offset by Distance tool with the intention of "capping" the ends and Composing it into a whole.

The resulting parrallel line had 663 Verticies! Thats a few too many to be practical, and the Smoothing command made no impact on them at all -just moved them around.

Eventually I had to place Loci offset along my original line and manually fit a new polyline to them to get my parrallel strip. V time consuming.

Do you have any suggestions for simplifying polyline verticies?

cheers,

N.