EMBEDDED FONTS REVERT TO GENEVA

Does anyone else have this (or sim.) problems: In all my worksheets, none of my usual fonts (Handy, HeavyHand, Graphite) will print. They show on-screen, but print as Geneva (YUK!!!). Also, ROOM NAMES and SECTION MARKERS change (apparently) randomly from their assigned font to GENEVA (again YUK!!!). With the ROOM NAMES and SECTION MARKERS, if I select and reset the font, it appears AND prints correctly. All this is driving me more than a little crazy. The bug-submit people asked me for a file, but then told me they could not duplicate the problem, because, NOW GET THIS, they don't have copies of Graphite and so all of my files remap to GENEVA for them. I offered to send them a font, but got no reply.

I did not have this problem w/ 9.5.3 on OSX.2 but I have it now w/ 10.0.1 on OSX.2 (G4 450 x 2, HP Design Jet 230, Gimp Print 4.2.3)

Any words of wisdom? Suggestions?

Thanks!!

Peter Cipes (user since- forever)

cipes

Search the tech board, this is a common problem, with the solution posted several times under various headings......NNA is working on the fix, last I heard.

You need to map each font to itself in the font mapping dialog box...I know, it doesnt' make sense, but do it. Literally, map "Graphite" to "Graphite".

Make sure the font you want is updated.

Is Graphite not showing up in the left window?

Do you have an updated version of Graphite? Verify matching names in font folders...

If VW has substituted Geneva (right window) for Graphite (what should be showing up in the left window), then VW should have identified a font it did not recognize (i.e., Graphite) and listed that font in the left window.

So, you may have a new twist on an old problem....

This jumbled font thing has been kicking some **s for a while now....be nice to get it resolved.

Bruce,

Yes, we have no bananas? Graphite does not show up in the left-hand window, nor do any of my "arch'l" fonts. In a regular text block everything works as it should, however in an "embedded" (I dont know what else to call it) text block (like a worksheet or a section marker) I have problems.

In worksheets, the font appears correctly on-screen but prints as Geneva, but only on my Design Jet. On my baby Epson WYSIWYG.

In section markers, the on-screen font changes itself to Geneva, but can be changed back, and WYSIWYG in the print.

Thanks for your help, however, it would be nice if someone from NNA would acknowledge this problem instead of telling me that "we've had problems with Graphite" and "we don't have a copy of Graphite top work with".

Again, this is a new problem which started upon upgrading to VW 10.0.1.

I guess I'll suffer some more and hope a fix is on the way...

Peter