Importing an Archicad file into VW10 ?

Go to file> import > import dxf dwg.

Make sure you set the units to the correct unit measurment.

Where it has the Model Space Scale option -- select This Scale. This will bring in the drawing at the correct scale used in VW and resize appropriately to the scale of the layer. The scale button basically changes the scale of the layer the drawing is importing to. Esentially, if you set the layer scale correctly in the new VW document, then you don't need to set the scale iwth the Scale button.

The graphic attributes tab is up to you. I leave it as the default settings when importing, but you can change it from color to black and white if you'd like.

That's really about it. The importer/trasnlator will do the rest of the work for you.

Thanks Katie, a few problems I get :

1. The drawing loads in a fragmented way, bits here and there.

2. Plants created in Archicad I think come in made up of lines rather than symbols.

3. The current drawing I imported is very slow to work in, refreshing is slow as I pan or carry out commands.

4. Should I be specifing a certain way the DWG should be saved for me in Archicad before they send it over, to stop the problems above ?

Thanks Viper x

Well .. pieces of the drawing over the place can be a few different things. One being, that's the way it's drawn.

If you want me to look at it, I can certainly do that. Send the file to tech@nemetschek.net attn:Katie and I'll take a look and see what's going on.