Floating Data Bar needs to be bigger

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Currently no, it is tied directly to system resolution and I believe the set DPI scaling setting of your OS.

Could you post a screenshot of what you are seeing, please? I can have a closer look and see if its something else causing the problem.

If possible, post the following as well:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/627/DirectX+Diagnostics+and+System+Profiler

Jim, attached is the DirectX diagnostic report & a JPEG image of a circle I started to drawl. I entered in the X axis ( 16.648") and as you can see if you zoom in its not showing the bottom of the numbers nor does it show the decimal point. So its tied to the font size of my system?

Thanks

Yes. It looks like the DPI scaling on the fonts on your machine are set to 125%:

User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

This isn't something you have done wrong, its just that Vectorworks doesn't currently scale UI elements like the palettes or floating data bar differently when the system font size increases or decreases.

I do not know if this is already on the table to be updated/corrected, I will submit it just in case.

Nothing wrong with that, MANY of my users have to increase the default font size and it should also be made compatible with Vectorworks. I have submitted a request for either having it match the OS settings or giving Vectorworks its own UI text scaling/control.

On Windows 8, with higher resolution displays I believe it even defaults to 125%, so its definitely time to revisit it.

Edited by JimW