More intelligent wall constraints.

VincentCuclair

Question

This situations occurs VERY often and is time consuming!

Walls joined in various ways need to be more flexible when dragging one of them:

in the attached example, moving wall 1 to the left or right results in a warning when trying to adjust the associate dimension and is 'locked' from dragging due to the T-Joined wall 3. What I want is a functionality that allows for the moving of these walls (without removing constraints/joins).

i.e. We should be able to drag wall 1 without any warnings coming up and the join remaining intact.

When we drag wall 2 and/or 3 I want a message asking me what to do: 1. maintain constraints, 2. redefine or 3. dissolve them. e.g. When I drag wall 2 or 3 , I choose to

1. Maintain joins, drag the wall and the other wall moves accordingly maintaining joins.

2. Redefine, the wall I drag moves but the attached wall remains in place with a T-Join and 3 happens when there is no longer a wall to be joined to.

3. Dissolve, the constraint is deleted or the wall is unjoined.

This way we can choose ourselves in which way we manipulate the relations and continue working.

In the attached example, for me, moving the wall 1 using the associate dimension has a higher priority than the join to wall 3. In this case I usually accept the deleting of the constraints, keep the dimension as a reference to snap to, detach wall 3, move wall 1 by dragging and snapping to the dimension, rejoin wall 3 and delete the dimension. In other words I need to break the wall 3 join what ever I do, breaking the dimension constraint as the dialog allows me to do doesn't help me at all.......

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=10749&filename=Sk%E4rmavbild%202014-06-18%20kl.%2011.23.08.png

Edited by Vincent C

2 answers to this question