Resource Browser - Thumbnail Display of symbols in external libraries

Patrick Fritsch

Question

When browsing through my library files from the resource browser, I'd like the like the same right click option to control the symbols display mode as their is for the symbols that are already in the current document. I find that many of the manufacturer's libraries are displayed in plan view which makes it difficult to distinguish the differences between symbols.

Currently, I have to either import the symbol to see what it actually looks like in 3D if displayed in plan view OR I have to open the actual library file and set all the symbols display mode to the 3D that I want.

Simple time saving and ease of use request.

3 answers to this question

To step it up a little higher, I've been working a lot with the arroway render textures and their patterns/color is difficult to distinguish without importing them all and applying them to a larger surface, but then file size explodes. So it would be nice to have a "resource viewer" to be able to see them large, either a new tool palette or as a pop up window.