VW10 to PDF 24x36?

I have VW10 for PC. I want to save 24x36 Arch D sheet to PDF 24x36 sheet. I can't figure out how to change the size for PDF. Page > Set Print Area is set to 24x36.In "Print Setup" the paper size that will work is "Postscript Custom Page Size", but how do I customize the page size? I've tried going to Acrobat Distiller > Properties > Adobe PDF Settings set for "Print" > Edit Conversion Settings > Default page size 24x36, but PDF page size is always 22x17.

quote:

Originally posted by biffoball:

I have VW10 for PC. I want to save 24x36 Arch D sheet to PDF 24x36 sheet. I can't figure out how to change the size for PDF. Page > Set Print Area is set to 24x36.In "Print Setup" the paper size that will work is "Postscript Custom Page Size", but how do I customize the page size? I've tried going to Acrobat Distiller > Properties > Adobe PDF Settings set for "Print" > Edit Conversion Settings > Default page size 24x36, but PDF page size is always 22x17.

You can create a new form (page size/margins).

Here are the steps in Win 2K: Open the printers

folder, go to the File menu - select Server Properties, in the pop up window select the forms

tab and choose create a New form. After you create this new page layout you should be able to select it in the Distiler paper size drop down list. I tested this with Acrobat 4.0 / Win 2k.

Thanks George. I have Win XP. Following your advice I was able to add a 24x26 size to the paper size options, but as with all the other sizes, the PDF only reproduces a few lines of the drawing. The only option that copies the drawing completely is "postscript custom page size". Does the method you outlined work for you?

quote:

Originally posted by biffoball:

Thanks George. I have Win XP. Following your advice I was able to add a 24x26 size to the paper size options, but as with all the other sizes, the PDF only reproduces a few lines of the drawing. The only option that copies the drawing completely is "postscript custom page size". Does the method you outlined work for you?

I just re-tested a VWA 10 file and it works at my end. I am puzzled as to why it only prints a few lines. You could try to re-install Acrobat ( I would uninstall first) and see if this corrects the problem. I recall when I first installed Acrobat that the system must have a postscript printer driver installed first before the Acrobat install otherwise it would not work properly. I do not know if this is still the case with XP. I installed a generic printer from the windows cd or you can probably download one from the adobe website.