Strange Behaviour

I'm on a Mac/System 9.2.2....Total Memory 640MB/ 100MB alloted to VW9.5.2., Running a G4 400mhz.

I've really had no problems with VW for a very long time, has worked beautifully...up until now that is. Out of the blue, when I went to double click VW, a message came on saying I couldn't open it because Renderworks was not found. I don't have Renderworks...never did. Ever since that moment...VW is crashing alot, as is my computer....I'm even going through periodic "Chimes of Death" aka "car crash" sound at startup....blank screen scenario. Any information here would be greatly appreciated. Katie..any thoughts? Have you dealt with this issue before? I feel like I read about this awhile ago in the Forum. Why would VW all of a sudden be looking for a non-existent Renderworks? Corrupted preference file perhaps? I am able to get into it now but it seems to be quite unstable, very susceptible to crashing. Thanks in advance for any help on this.