multi sheets and multi views

Is a secret to saving views? I am running VW 8.5 and it seems that when I have a 3-D view (say right isometric) saved in a sheet, the view will sometimes be saved. Other sheets within the file will revert to say plan view. Sometimes I cannot get anything other than plan view. I have tried the RESTORE VIEW under edit sheet with no apparent effect. Can I have a file with multi sheets and multi views? [Confused]

Switch to the sheet you want to work with.

Change it to the view you want.

Click on the sheet button in the bottom scroll bar. Looks like a piece of paper with the lower right hand corner turned up.

Select Save Sheet.

That will save the view for that sheet.

Sorry, I do not see the "button" you are talking about either in the edit sheet, or save sheet box, nor in the save sheet palette. (The save view check box does not seem to do a thing.) The work around I have found is to have the active layer of a sheet in plan view (even if it contains no information) then have multi layers with whatever view I want to illustrate (iso, front etc.).

There is a sheets button at the bottom of your screen.

Turn on scroll bars if you do not have them turned on.

The scroll bar along the bottom has a series of buttons to the left of it.

The one that looks like a blue page itwh the lower right hand corner turned up, that's the sheets button.

Refer to the user's guide for more description.

Did I mention 8.5 on Mac OS8.6? There is an inverted arrow button near the lower left corner that takes me to the sheets menu (I use this all the time to move from sheet to sheet so I don't have another palette open -also who whould disable scroll bars?). If I save a sheet then I am making a new sheet. I don't want to do that, I want to correct/edit a sheet that exists. This is a "bug" I have noticed for some time & as noted I have a workaround, but in reading the VCR instructions, er, sorry, the documentation it seems that "SAVE VIEW" in the EDIT SHEET is how I SHOULD be able to do this.