Model to Floorplan

Hi,

This is the 1st time I am using this function rather than just using the wall tool, as trying to improve on my skills.

I have a 3D shape done by using the push pull function and have three floor layers set up at the correct elevation heights. When I go into ACE - Space Planning - Model to Floorplan and select the layers 1-3 and click ok, it just creates the floor with no walls.

I might be doing something really stupid here but I have tried to change the wall type as well but still nothing?

Any idea ?.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Alice

This could be something to do with the Wall Styles you have chosen. Most of the built in wall styles are set up to pre-defined layer wall height, or level types within a story structure. So, it could be that you have created the walls, but they have no height.

Try editing your layers and set a Layer Wall Height. If your chosen Wall Style is using this height, the walls will ping to that height. Alternatively, select the "flat" walls and on the Object Info palette change their properties so that their height is defined relative to the Layer Elevation instead of level types within stories.

Hope that helps!