v10 Problems

These are a couple of thing I have noticed since installing v10.

1. The background behind dimensions has increased significantly. On drawings where I had dimensions close together it distorts the look of the drawing.

2. I am unable to get the fill to turn off behind dimensions.

Note: There seems to be an additional fill box behind the dimension which is larger, obstructive, & unchangeable.

3. When I adjust text size the current size is not highlighted when I open the pull down widow. I then have to go up and highlight it before I can change the size.

Has anybody else noticed these problems?

In VW Prefs (File, Prefs, VW Prefs) click on Display tab.

Put a checkmark in "No Fill Behind Text" checkmark box.

As for the font size thing, what type of font are you using?

What version of VW are you using?

When did this become a bug? I never had this problem in v9. These dimensions seem to have two fills, I think you can turn off the fill but the second fill is unchangeable. My existing drawings are distorted when I convert because the second fill is bigger than the standard fill.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The second fill was added for v10. It is just there when the text offset is 0. It was added because of a complaint that the break in the dimension line was not large enough for ASME dimensions. It's size is a little larger than the text fill in both directions. I think the problem you're seeing with its size would be solved if it was only bigger in the direction of the dimension line. We will investigate this.