edit roof element

You should be able to edit the roof by mousing over one of the black selection handles. If you wish to edit one of the dormers, click on the dormer and then the black selection handles to bring up the edit dormer or edit skylight dialog box.

katie,

i guess i didn't explain well..........

if i place a window symbol in my drawing, in the roof layer, at aproximatley the correct height nothing happens, the edit roof box to create the dormer does not appear. so there is nothing to dormer like to click on to edit?.? now the symbols have not always gone in at the corect hieght [pilot error] and i edit them or move them. still nothing.

i be stumped. i know, whats new.

whitecap

When you select the window you wish to insert into the roof as a dormer, you should use the symbol insertion tool found in the 2d tools palette. You insert it just like inserting a window in a wall. Double click to place it.

When it's inserted, an Edit Roof Element dialog box will appear where you can set the parameters of where the dormer is, etc.

Make sure you have the roof as the active layer. Also make sure the class the roof is in is active as well. If it's set to show others for class and or layer options, and the roof class and layer are not active, then you will not be able to insert the dormer.

• 3 weeks later...