simple worksheet problem

I don't use worksheets often, and have this simple question ..... I'm trying to get a sum of all the occupants in spaces, and the database row keeps showing the total number of records, (that is, the number of spaces) instead of the total number of occupants. I've tried and tried to use the "sum" function, to no avail. I'm obviously missing something simple. Please help.

Oddly, i've done this worksheet on a previous project, and I duplicate the criteria and function syntax, but it still doesn't give me the 'sum'.

I'm still lost. When I choose "format cells" there are many options but none of them are "string" nor "integer". I don't know where to change the occupant field to be an integer.

Its not the cell but the data itself.

you have a database row with criteria loading your objects.

Each column loads a field, for example "=space.area". ( formula of one of the columns of your database header row )

The sheet will make a sum of each area in the head database row above all the subrows ( make it visible if not ).

This won't work if that specific data, in this case area is plain text. If so, change the column formula into =value(space.area) and it will turn into an integer or real ( not sure about those 2 ).

Edited by hippothamus